The State Department of Education will hit the road starting next week, to review the 2014 legislative session with local district officials.
The department’s annual post-legislative tour will focus on several education bills passed during the 2014 session — including teacher leadership premiums, strategic planning and school safety legislation.
Other presentations will focus on two contentious technology issues that marked the just-competed 2014 legislative session: the Idaho Education Network high school broadband project, and the state high school WiFi project. Another panel will focus on the transition to the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium exam, a Common Core-based exam that will be field-tested in Idaho schools this spring.
The meetings run from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Here’s the schedule:
- April 2: Eastern Idaho Technical College, Idaho Falls.
- April 3: Shoshone-Bannock Hotel and Event Center, Fort Hall.
- April 4: Burley Inn and Convention Center, Burley.
- April 8: Grove Hotel, Boise.
- April 9: North Idaho College, Coeur d’Alene.
- April 10: Lewiston Red Lion, Lewiston.