Elementary students across Idaho have an opportunity to showcase their artistic talents by entering the Holiday Card Contest.
The winning design will become the greeting card used by the State Department of Education.
The contest is open to all public school students in grades K-6. One drawing will be selected as the winner. The child who submits the selected artwork will receive cards for his or her own use. The Department also awards grade-level winners.
Here are the guidelines for the 2013 Holiday Card Contest:
- The contest is open to public school students in grades K-6.
- Drawings should reflect holiday or winter scenes in Idaho appropriate for seasonal correspondence, and should not include copyrighted images such as Garfield the Cat, Bugs Bunny, Digimon characters, etc.
- Drawings should be on 8.5” by 11” paper in a landscape format.
- Drawings must be properly labeled. Write the name of the student, the student’s grade, district, school, and the teacher’s name on the back of the artwork. Please make sure this information is legible. (If you submit multiple grade levels, please keep the entries for each grade level separate.)
- Students may use as many colors as they wish in their drawings and may use watercolors, colored paper, magic markers, crayons, or some combination. Students are encouraged to completely fill the page but keep the design simple. Too many details tend to get lost in the design. Bold colors work best for the printing process. Please note: Fabric designs and pencil drawings are not suitable to our printing process and will not be selected.
- Students must be advised that entry into this contest constitutes (1) a waiver of all copyrights students have in their entries, and (2) permission to republish entries without compensation.
- Drawings will not be returned.
- The winning entries from each grade level will be published on the Idaho State Department of Education Web site at www.sde.idaho.gov.
- Submissions must be postmarked by Friday, November 15, 2013. Results will be announced in December. Drawings may be mailed to: State Department of Education, Attn: Portia Flynn, P.O. Box 83720,Boise, ID 83720-0027.
If you have questions, please contact Portia Flynn at (208) 332-6812 or [email protected].