The 2022 Legislature put an additional $104 million into teacher pay.
And more than $180 million of new money into K-12 benefits.
And an additional $46.6 million into literacy.
Now, it’s up to school leaders to spend the money.
To look at the implementation process, Kevin Richert interviews lobbyists from three of the state’s education stakeholder groups: Matt Compton of the Idaho Education Association, Andy Grover of the Idaho Association of School Administrators and Quinn Perry of the Idaho School Boards Association.
Go to our Soundcloud page for other recent episodes:
- Episode 48: Reporter reset, the 2022 Legislature (Guests, Blake Jones of Idaho EdNews, Clark Corbin, Idaho Capital Sun)
- Episode 47: Candidate interview, Ed Humphreys
- Episode 46: Candidate interview, Sherri Ybarra
- Episode 45: Candidate interview, Scott Bedke
- Episode 44: Breaking down the education budget debates (Guests, Sen. Jim Woodward, Rep. Wendy Horman)
- Episode 43: Candidate interview, Debbie Critchfield