We want to include the voice of parents more often in our coverage of Idaho education. A parent perspective could not be more important as we cover the effects of the coronavirus pandemic on Idaho’s children.
We want to know:
- Are you happy with your neighborhood school?
- Is your child successful in online studies?
- When should schools reopen?
- How should student performance be measured?
- How should teachers be held accountable?
- How should tax dollars be spent to ensure the best experience for your child?
You tell us which of these topics we should explore in 2021: academic achievement, attendance, accountability, teacher performance, mental health, equity, higher education affordability, technical career opportunities, education policy and political influences on education. There are many others to choose from.
We’re going to host regular meetings to discuss what parents are experiencing, ask parents to complete occasional surveys and interview parents for our stories on how education policy affects their children, families and communities.
Join us and weigh in on what we should be writing about. Help us prioritize the most important topics. Please fill out this short survey
and we’ll add you to our list of parent resources.
Speak up and join the conversation because your voice deserves to be heard.