Cindy Bennett, a senior at Mountain View High School in Meridian, was named grand prize winner of Hotel 43’s contest “Fresh 43: A celebration of Idaho’s young artists.”
The contest challenged Idaho middle and high school students to use their artistic talents to express how Idaho inspires them and offer a fresh, new take on something indelibly Idaho.
“We were happy with the number of artists and overwhelmed by their talent,” said Lisa Benjamin, general manager of Hotel 43.
For winning, Bennett receives a family stay package at Hotel 43, a $150 gift certificate to Chandlers Steakhouse, and a $250 Visa gift card. Her art teacher, Laura Ritzer, will receive $1,000 in art supplies for use at Mountain View High School as part of Bennett’s grand prize package.
Ten honorable mention winners were also selected, and each received a $100 Visa gift card. They are:
- Allison Ellingson, junior, Mountain View.
- Devrey Gallegos, sophomore, Borah High School.
- Zachary Garrett, sophomore, Boise High School.
- Hailey Jorgensen, senior, Borah.
- Scout Leary, sophomore, Boise.
- J. Bryn Miller, senior, Mountain View.
- Kylee Miller, senior, Mountain View.
- Kenzie Olson, senior, Idaho Falls High School.
- Mitsuko Stoddard, senior, Timberline High School.
- Alicia Weissenbach, junior, Mountain View.
An additional 47 pieces were chosen for permanent display at Hotel 43 as part of its commitment to local artists.