Trustees in the Boise School District have named three finalists vying for a seat on the board.
- Caitlin Copple Masingill, founding partner and CEO, Full Swing Public Relations
- Dana Zuckerman, board chair, Treasure Valley Institute for Children’s Arts
- Steve Schmidt, engineer and manager, MotivePower Inc.
The board voted Tuesday to advance the finalists from a pool of nine. Trustees will interview the finalists and name a new board member during a meeting that starts at 2:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 19. The new trustee will be sworn in during a regular board meeting on Dec. 13.
The search for a new trustee follows the resignation of former board member Alicia Estey, Boise State University President Marlene Tromp’s chief of staff and the university’s vice president for university affairs.
Estey’s resignation marked the third by a Boise school board member in two school years.
Trustees spent about 15 minutes talking about candidates’ qualifications — and the need for a board member willing to stick around.
“I’d like to see someone who can fill a six-year term,” said trustee Maria Greeley.
Estey’s replacement will complete the remainder of the former trustee’s term, which expires September of 2024.
Other applicants vying for the position included:
- Elizabeth Duke-Moe, senior, Boise High School
- Gregory Woodard, attorney, Woodard Legal PC
- Janet Kaufman, adjunct professor, Boise State University
- KayCee Spady, account manager, Roby Financial
- Rachel Sutherland, ambassador, Women and Children’s Alliance
- Tina Esther González Bronner, internist and independent contractor, MDLive, remote telehealth
Click here for links to candidate questionaries and résumés. Check back with EdNews for coverage of Friday’s meeting.