One week removed from a sharp decrease, K-12 coronavirus case numbers increased this week.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare reported at least 93 K-12 cases for a seven-day period ending Sunday, compared to 61 cases the preceding week.
The week’s hotspots:
- Lake City High School, Coeur d’Alene: Four cases.
- Bishop Kelly High School, Boise: Three cases.
- Christine Donnell School of the Arts, Boise: Three cases.
- Lewiston High School: Three cases.
- Post Falls High School: Three cases.
The weekly reports are a snapshot, and they’re incomplete.
Not every school reports its case numbers weekly. Health and Welfare does not release any case numbers from schools with fewer than 50 students, citing privacy concerns. In some cases, Health and Welfare provides only a minimum number of coronavirus cases for a school.
The highest case numbers for 2020-21, by school:
- Lake City High School, Coeur d’Alene: 161 cases.
- Thunder Ridge High School, Idaho Falls: 141 cases.
- Hillcrest High School, Ammon: 132 cases.
- Bonneville High School, Idaho Falls: 127 cases.
- Eagle High School: At least 121 cases.
- Coeur d’Alene High School: 114 cases.
- Rocky Mountain Middle School, Idaho Falls: 105 cases.
- Rocky Mountain High School, Meridian: 102 cases.
- Mountain View High School, Meridian: 101 cases.
- Meridian High School: 88 cases.