It’s a favorite pastime at this point of a legislative session: trying to guess when lawmakers will adjourn for the year.
State superintendent Sherri Ybarra is wagering on April 1, at the latest.
Ybarra has scheduled her annual post-legislative road show, starting April 2.
The meetings are designed to allow school administrators to meet with State Department of Education officials to learn about 2019 legislation.
Of course, there is no guarantee that the session will be over when the roadshow begins. While many of the session’s big education issues are all but resolved, the debate over a new school funding formula is just beginning. And other issues, particularly Medicaid expansion, must be settled before lawmakers can leave Boise for the year.
Regardless, here’s the road show schedule (and a registration link at the SDE website). All meetings run from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- April 2: Red Lion Hotel Boise Downtowner, 1800 W. Fairview Ave., Boise.
- April 3: Canyon Crest Dining and Event Center, 330 Canyon Crest Drive, Twin Falls.
- April 4: Hilton Garden Inn, 700 Lindsay Blvd., Idaho Falls.
- April 24: North Idaho College 1000 W. Garden Ave., Coeur d’Alene.
- April 25: Lewis and Clark College, 500 Eighth Ave., Lewiston.