As public schools begin to close for the summer, K-12 coronavirus case numbers decreased again this week.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare reported at least 63 K-12 cases for an eight-day period ending Monday. That’s a decrease from 79 cases the preceding week.
Here are the weekly statewide hotspots:
- Meridian High School: Six cases.
- Meridian Middle School: Four cases.
- Victory Middle School, Meridian: Four cases.
- Dalton Elementary School, Dalton Gardens: Three cases.
- Lakes Magnet Middle School, Coeur d’Alene: Three cases.
The weekly reports are a snapshot, and they’re incomplete.
Not every school reports its case numbers weekly. Health and Welfare does not release any case numbers from schools with fewer than 50 students, citing privacy concerns. In some cases, Health and Welfare provides only a minimum number of coronavirus cases for a school.
The highest case numbers for 2020-21, by school:
- Lake City High School: 179 cases.
- Thunder Ridge High School, Idaho Falls: 142 cases.
- Hillcrest High School, Ammon: 132 cases.
- Bonneville High School, Idaho Falls: 127 cases.
- Eagle High School: At least 122 cases.
- Coeur d’Alene High School: 114 cases.
- Rocky Mountain High School, Meridian: 106 cases.
- Rocky Mountain Middle School, Idaho Falls: 105 cases.
- Mountain View High School, Meridian: 102 cases.
- Meridian High School: 98 cases.