The meeting begins at 6 p.m. and will be held at the District Service Center, 8169 West Victory Road.
The board has interviewed all 11 candidates. Each candidate will have a few minutes to make a statement on Monday. The board will then vote by ballot. In case of a tie, the board has the option to vote four times. If the board still can’t reach an agreement, the president will break the tie. The chosen candidate will be sworn in Monday and take his or her place with the board for the remainder of the meeting. The appointee will serve until the September 2014 board election.
This will be the second trustee named to the board this year. In February, Shauneen Grange replaced Rory Jones, a 26-year board member. Grange’s term also runs through September 2014.
Here are the candidates:
- Becky Eldor — Family nurse practitioner.
- Colleen Fellows — Member at large and chair of the Public Policy Committee Board of Governors, Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Luke Franklin — Meridian Education Association/Idaho Education Association Region 9 president.
- Cecelia Gassner — Economic development assistant to Boise Mayor Dave Bieter.
- Karl Klein — Lawyer, Idaho attorney general’s office.
- Brian Mitchell — Financial adviser.
- John Owens — Has worked for the Bureau of Land Management.
- Richard Padour — Retired educator.
- Doug Park — Change management consultant.
- Anthony Pori — Owner of The Math Advantage, LLC.
- Gary Slee — Affiliate instructor for University of Idaho, retired Boise schools administrator