State superintendent Sherri Ybarra will meet this week with Lance Clow, the new chairman of the House Education Committee, and committee vice chair Ryan Kerby.
And like many Idahoans, Ybarra will spend Monday afternoon listening to Gov. Brad Little’s inaugural State of the State address.
Here is Ybarra’s weekly schedule, as released Monday. (Ybarra has no scheduled events Friday.)
January 7, 2019
- 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. MST, Legislative Academy, Idaho State Capitol, Lincoln Auditorium – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
- 12:00 p.m. – 12:45 p.m. MST, Director’s Budget Briefing with Governor Little, JRW Building, Conference Room – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. MST, Governor Little’s State of the State and Budget Presentation, Idaho State Capitol, House Chambers – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
January 8, 2019
- 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. MST, Idaho Educational Services for the Deaf and the Blind Board Meeting, Lewis and Clark Conference Room – Supports Goals #1 & 2
January 9, 2019
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. MST, Meeting with Rep. Doug Ricks, Executive Conference Room – Supports Goal #2
- 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. MST, Meeting with Education Stakeholders (IEA, ISBA and IASA), Superintendent’s Office – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
January 10, 2019
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. MST, Meeting with Chairman Clow and Rep. Kerby, Superintendent’s Office – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
Schedule Subject to Change
Superintendent of Public Instruction Sherri Ybarra is the state’s advocate for school children and articulates her goals for public education in Idaho in terms of outcomes for students. The State Department of Education provides the necessary support for schools and students to achieve.
1. All Idaho students persevere in life and are ready for college and careers.
2. All education stakeholders in Idaho are mutually responsible for accountability and student progress.
3. Idaho attracts and retains great teachers and leaders.