K-12 coronavirus case numbers again inched up slightly last week.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare reported at least 117 K-12 cases for a seven-day period ending Sunday, compared to 108 cases the preceding week.
- Eagle High School: Seven cases.
- West Junior High School, Boise: Six cases.
- Desert Sage Elementary School, Boise: Four cases.
- Eagle Middle School: Three cases.
- Mountain Home Junior High School: Three cases.
- Mountain Home High School: Three cases.
- Sandcreek Middle School, Ammon: Three cases.
The weekly reports are a snapshot, and they’re incomplete.
Not every school reports its case numbers weekly. Health and Welfare does not release any case numbers from schools with fewer than 50 students, citing privacy concerns. In some cases, Health and Welfare provides only a minimum number of coronavirus cases for a school.
The highest case numbers for 2020-21, by school:
- Lake City High School, Coeur d’Alene: 153 cases.
- Thunder Ridge High School, Idaho Falls: 140 cases.
- Hillcrest High School, Ammon: 132 cases.
- Bonneville High School, Idaho Falls: 127 cases.
- Eagle High School: At least 121 cases.
- Coeur d’Alene High School: 111 cases.
- Rocky Mountain Middle School, Idaho Falls: 105 cases.
- Mountain View High School, Meridian: 101 cases.
- Rocky Mountain High School, Meridian: 100 cases.
- Meridian High School: 85 cases.