Idaho Education News is joining forces with national media partners to investigate the impacts of a nationwide childcare shortage on parents in the workforce, including the teaching profession.
If you’re a teacher and your career has been impacted by a lack of affordable, quality childcare, we want to hear from you.
That could look like:
- Stepping back from teaching for months or years
- Turning down or not pursuing promotions
- Cutting down to part-time work
- Requesting fewer or simpler preps
- Resigning from or turning down supplementary, paid roles, like coaching or advising
While our main focus is on teachers, if you hold another role in education, we’d love to hear from you, too.
Your story could become part of a nationwide series created in partnership with the Education Reporting Collaborative, a groundbreaking, eight-member media group that aims to cover the most urgent education issues of the day with more depth and reach. Partners include The Hechinger Report, the Associated Press, and The Christian Science Monitor.
To share your story, please email reporter Carly Flandro: [email protected]. You can also call or text her at (208) 317-4287.