The State Board of Education is moving forward with the University of Idaho’s presidential search by naming a local screening committee.
The screening committee will meet for the first time this month. Its job is to vet candidates and recommend finalists for the president’s position.
State Board of Education member Emma Atchley will head up the 12-member search committee.
“We have faculty, student, staff, alumni and community representatives serving on the screening committee and I thank them for their willingness to serve,” Atchley said in a written statement. “State Board member Don Soltman and I think we have the right people in place to help the State Board find an exceptional president to lead the University of Idaho into the future.”
The State Board and outgoing University of Idaho President Chuck Staben announced in May they agreed the 2019-20 school year would be Staben’s last.
Last month, the State Board announced that University of Idaho officials had entered into a contact with the consulting firm Storbeck Pimentel to conduct a nationwide search for Staben’s successor. The new screening committee will review the bank of applicants Storbeck Pimentel produces, and winnow that to a field of finalists.
State Board officials hope to have the University of Idaho’s next president on the job by July 1, 2019.
A second, high-profile university president’s search is also underway this fall at Boise State University.
University of Idaho presidential search screening committee members are:
- Emma Atchley, State Board of Educaiton, screening committee chair
- Don Soltman, State Board of Education
- Nicole Skinner, ASUI Student Body President
- Linda Davidson, alumni
- Kathy Barnard, Assistant Vice President of Alumni Relations
- Aaron Johnson, faculty Senate Chair
- Chris Meyer, Coeur d’Alene Tribal Member
- Holly Wichman, faculty member
- Lee Ostrom, Interim Center Executive Director (Idaho Falls)
- Sydney Freeman, faculty member
- Stephen Parrott, alumni
- Holly Koole, alumni