A by-the-numbers look at the K-12 legislative interim committee, appointed last week:
- Four. The number of first-term lawmakers on the 10-member committee: Sen. Fred Martin, R-Boise; Rep. Wendy Horman, R-Idaho Falls; Rep. Julie VanOrden, R-Pingree; Rep. Holli Woodings, D-Boise.
- Two. The number of committee members who also serve on their local school boards: Horman and VanOrden
- Two. The number of committee members who also serve on Gov. Butch Otter’s education reform task force: Senate Education Committee Chairman John Goedde, R-Coeur d’Alene, and House Education Committee Chairman Reed DeMordaunt, R-Eagle. A third legislator serves on the Otter task force: Rep. Janie Ward-Engelking, D-Boise, but House Minority Leader John Rusche had indicated he didn’t want to have one Democrat pulling double duty on both committees.
- Two. The number of interim committee members who don’t serve on House or Senate education committees: Martin and Woodings.
- One. The number of committee members who voted against the 2013-14 K-12 budget bill: Rep. Judy Boyle, R-Midvale.
- Eight and two. The party breakdown (eight Republicans and two Democrats).