The unofficial start of summer is shaping up to be a short week for state superintendent Sherri Ybarra.
Ybarra has no calendar items for Thursday or Friday, according to the schedule released by her office. Ybarra’s office was closed Monday for Memorial Day.
And what is “Platter Chatter,” an item on Ybarra’s schedule for Wednesday?
“‘Platter Chatter’ is a monthly luncheon Superintendent Ybarra hosts for a few randomly selected members of our team,” spokesman Scott Phillips said in an email. “The superintendent buys the pizzas and there’s no shop talk during lunch.”
Here’s Ybarra’s schedule, as released Monday.
- The Idaho State Department of Education is closed in observance of Memorial Day
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. MST, All Day Staff Meeting, Barbara Morgan Conference Room.
- 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. MST, Scheduling Meeting, Superintendent’s Office.
- 11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MST, Platter Chatter, Superintendent’s Office.
- 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. MST, State Board of Education Briefing, Superintendent’s Office.