(UPDATED, 12:35 p.m. Monday, with details on agenda items.)
An all-day State Board of Education meeting and retreat punctuates state superintendent Sherri Ybarra’s weekly schedule.
The board meets Wednesday, and its formal agenda includes a proposed public notice for codified board rules — part of a process that could dominate much of the legislative off-season.
Also on the schedule: Ybarra met with HP representatives for an interview about Idaho’s education system — as part of a statewide survey the high-tech firm is bankrolling and conducting. The project is expected to be finished by June.
The schedule also includes to work on short videos “in support of various upcoming (State Department of Education) events,” Ybarra spokeswoman Kris Rodine said Monday.
Here’s the schedule, as released Monday morning:
May 13, 2019
- 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. MST, Executive Meeting, Superintendent’s Office.
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. MST, HP Inc. Interview, Executive Conference Room.
- 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. MST, Video Production, Superintendent’s Office.
May 14, 2019
Ybarra’s schedule lists no meetings or events.
May 15, 2019
- 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. MST, State Board of Education Retreat – Boise State University, Alumni and Friends Building.
May 16, 2019
- 2:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m. MST, Scheduling Meeting, Superintendent’s Office.
May 17, 2019
- 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. MST, Oscar Reading Awards – Stephenson Elementary Gym, Mountain Home Air Force Base.