State superintendent Sherri Ybarra will make two trips to North Idaho this week.
According to her schedule, released Monday, Ybarra will tour schools in North Idaho Tuesday and Wednesday. She will also attend the Idaho Youth ChalleNGe Academy commencement in Lewiston Saturday.
Ybarra will make two separate trips to North Idaho. She will fly to Coeur d’Alene Tuesday and return to Boise Wednesday night. She will drive to Lewiston Saturday morning and return later that day.
“From a fiduciary perspective it made sense for the superintendent to return to Boise on Wednesday night then drive to Lewiston on Saturday,” Ybarra spokesman Scott Phillips said.
She has no events scheduled in between her two trips, save for a telephone interview with an Idaho Falls talk radio show.
Here’s the schedule.
December 10, 2018
- 9:30 a.m. MST – 11:00 a.m. MST, Executive Staff Meeting – Superintendent’s Office – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
- 11:30 a.m. MST – 12:30 p.m. MST, Idaho STEM Action Center Executive Director Angela Hemingway – Superintendent’s Office – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
- 1:30 p.m. MST – 2:00 p.m. MST, Idaho Business for Education President Rod Gramer – Superintendent’s Office – Supports Goals #1 & 3
- 2:00 p.m. MST – 2:30 p.m. MST, Council of Chief State School Officers – Conference Call – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
December 11, 2018
- 2:30 p.m. MST – 7:00 p.m. PST (includes travel), Winter Tour, Coeur d’Alene School District/Lakeland Joint School District – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
December 12, 2018
- 8:00 a.m. PST – 8:00 p.m. MST (includes travel), Winter Tour – Coeur d’Alene School District/Lakeland Joint School District – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
December 13, 2018
- 7:30 a.m. MST – 7:45 a.m. MST, Neal Larson Show (KID Newsradio) – Telephone Interview – Supports Goals #1, 2 & 3
December 15, 2018
- 5:00 a.m. MST – 9:00 p.m. MST (includes travel), Idaho Youth ChalleNGe Academy Commencement – Lewiston High School, Lewiston, Idaho – Supports Goals #1 & 2
Schedule Subject to Change
The Idaho State Department of Education has articulated its goals for public education in Idaho in terms of outcomes for students, and will give districts and schools the necessary support to reach these goals.
1. All Idaho students persevere in life and are ready for college and careers.
2. All education stakeholders in Idaho are mutually responsible for accountability and student progress.
3. Idaho attracts and retains great teachers and leaders.