Several high-profile Idaho debates have fallen by the wayside in the past few days.
(But not all of them: The three Republican candidates for state schools superintendent will square off twice next week.)
To talk about this year’s debate no-shows — and to talk about what to listen for when candidates actually do debate — Kevin Richert talks this week with Manda Hicks. She chairs Boise State University’s communication department and she is director of forensics for Boise State’s highly decorated Talkin’ Broncos debate team.
- Episode 50: Money and politics … together again (Guest: Jaclyn Kettler, political science professor, Boise State University)
- Episode 49: After the ’22 session, how will K-12 spend its new money? (Guests: Matt Compton, Idaho Education Association; Andy Grover, Idaho Association of School Administrators; Quinn Perry, Idaho School Boards Association)
- Episode 48: Reporter reset, the 2022 Legislature (Guests: Blake Jones of Idaho EdNews, Clark Corbin, Idaho Capital Sun)
- Episode 47: Candidate interview, Ed Humphreys
- Episode 46: Candidate interview, Sherri Ybarra
- Episode 45: Candidate interview, Scott Bedke
- Episode 44: Breaking down the education budget debates (Guests: Sen. Jim Woodward, Rep. Wendy Horman)
- Episode 43: Candidate interview, Debbie Critchfield