- Official State of Idaho website
- Idaho State Department of Education is the state education agency of Idaho. It is headquartered in Boise near the Statehouse. The department is lead by Tom Luna, who has served as the Idaho Superintendent of Education since January, 2007.
- Idaho State Board of Education is a policy-making body for all public education in Idaho and provides general oversight and governance for public K-20 education. SBOE serves as the Board of Trustees for state-sponsored public four year colleges and universities and the Board of Regents for the University of Idaho.
- Idaho Legislature is the state legislature of the U.S. state of Idaho. It consists of the upper Idaho Senate and the lower Idaho House of Representatives. The Idaho Senate contains 35 Senators, who are elected from 35 districts. The Idaho House of Representatives consists of 70 Representatives, who are elected from the same 35 legislative districts, with 2 being elected from each constituency.
- Idaho Legislative Agendas
- Idaho Education Bills
- Idaho Supreme Court is the state supreme court of Idaho and is composed of the chief justice and four associate justices.The decisions of the Idaho Supreme Court are binding on all other Idaho state courts.The only court that may reverse or modify its decisions is the Supreme Court of the United States.
- The Idaho Senate has 35 senators elected for two-year terms, each representing a district of the state. The Senate convenes every January. The legislative sessions typically run for about three months.
- Senate Education Committee
- House Education Committee
- Idaho Republican Party, the Idaho state affiliate of the Republican Party, is the dominant political party in the state of Idaho. Republicans control all the constitutional offices, with C.L. “Butch” Otter as Governor. They also control by large margins the state Senate and House.
- Idaho Democratic Party is the affiliate of the Democratic Party in the state of Idaho. Although the party has been in the minority for most of the state’s history, it has produced several notable public figures, including the late U.S. Senator Frank Church and former governor and Secretary of the Interior Cecil Andrus.
- Idaho Registered Lobbyists are anyone who attempts through contacts with, or causing others to make contact with, members of the legislature or legislative committees or an executive official, to influence the approval, modification or rejection of any legislation by the legislature of the state of Idaho or any committee thereof or by the governor or to develop or maintain relationships with, promote good will, or entertain members of the legislature or executive officials.
- Voter Registration provides official voting information for the citizens of Idaho.
- Live Audio from the Legislature
- Joint Finance-Appropriations Committee is where the annual state budget is crafted. The committee is made up of ten senators and ten representatives. Budget work starts long before lawmakers arrive in Boise. The process of allocating state and federal money starts with detailed proposals from each state agency and the governor.
- IPTV’s “Idaho Reports” features interviews with lawmakers, lobbyists and other newsmakers; in-depth stories on the issues that matter most to Idahoans; and the always entertaining and enlightening pundits panel.
- Eye on Boise is where short takes and breaking news from the Idaho Legislature and the state capital are printed.
- Idahoans for Choice in Education is an Idaho Political Action Committee dedicated to improving education in Idaho. They were established in January 2004 with the immediate goal of supporting legislative efforts to improve the Public Charter School Laws and raise funds for those who support their mission.
- Idaho Education Association is the state’s largest professional employee organization. Sometimes called the state teachers union, the IEA represents elementary and secondary teachers, education support professionals, school administrators, retired educators, and students preparing to become teachers.
- Idaho Parent-Teacher Association is an educational organization that seeks to unite the forces of home, school, and community on behalf of children and youth
- Idaho School Board Association is a non-profit, service organization providing policy services, legislative advocacy, leadership support and quality, cost-efficient board training to association members. Founded in 1942, and representing more than 500 locally elected school board members throughout Idaho, ISBA strives to improve public education for all Idahoans through the continued development of community leaders.
- Idaho Association of School Administrators is a private non-profit association for Principals and Superintendents in the State of Idaho. IASA is also affilitated with the Idaho Education Technology Association, Idaho Association of Student Council, Idaho Association of Supervision and Curriculum and Project Leadership.
Common Core State Standards
- Becoming A Core Ninja is presented by CoreStand. The information included in this packet is to help educators understand and “master” the CCSS.
- Resources for Implementing the CCSS is a packet made by The Idaho Leads team in order to help educators understand what the Common Core is and how they might implement it in.
- Resources for Implementing the CCSS (inside pages of the brochure) is more information provided by the Idaho Leads team.