An aspiring surgeon from Filer High says students need 60 minutes of physical activity at school and the opportunity to fuel up with nutrient-rich foods.
Idaho Education News reported the Gem State received $21.6 million in federal dollars to open public charter schools. Of that amount, $2.3 million went to charter schools that failed — only 10 percent. The other 90 percent helped launch some of Idaho’s top performing charters.
The U.S. Senate unanimously passed a resolution thanking teachers and encouraging students, parents, school administrators and public officials to participate in teacher appreciation events during National Teacher Appreciation Week, celebrated in May.
Contrary to the popular narrative, conservatives gained ground in southern Idaho. And this will make a difference in the 2017 Legislature.
The Social Impact Partnership Act is fiscally responsible, pushing both service providers and government agencies to focus on achieving important outcomes rather than just raising or spending money.
Survey results are another call for Idaho’s charter school sector and its allies to do more to grow and expand schools that serve larger numbers of economically disadvantaged and minority students.
Invest more in education and focus single-mindedly on student achievement.
The data and research confirm that our education system can do better. This will require increased learning options and innovation.
New money is important for Idaho’s schools. But so too is encouraging educators to try new things for the benefit of students. Idaho’s lawmakers got the balance right this legislative session.
Idaho is the host to the FIRST Robotics Regional competition, bringing 29 high school robot teams from across the country together for a competition free to spectators.